[ovirt-users] [CORRECTED] Can't create 2nd network for VMs in DMZ zone

Andrei V andreil1 at starlett.lv
Sun Jan 7 18:18:41 UTC 2018

Hi !

Made a typo in previous message, sorry.

I'm having difficulty to utilize 2nd NIC on HP Proliant server in order
to connect guest VM to DMZ (engine, node and all other guest VMs are on
internal zone).

I tried to use PCI passthrough, downed ifcfg-enp3s4f1 on node host,
created vNic profile "PCI NIC Passthrough", network named "Node10-NIC2",
then Virtual Machines -> Network Interfaces -> nic 2 of type PCI
Passthrough and profile above.
Unfortunately, guest OS (SuSE Leap 42.3) still don't recognize this NIC.

This 2nd NIC is visible on Compute -> Hosts -> Network Interfaces.
I can assign it network named "Node10-NIC2". However, right now I'm
working from the remote, if node net setup get screwed, it will be a big
problem.
In the archive I found that this 2nd NIC must be up with no IP and
default route. Is this correct definition of ifcfg-enp3s4f1?
NetworkManager is disabled on node.

TYPE=Ethernet
PROXY_METHOD=none
BROWSER_ONLY=no
BOOTPROTO=none
DEFROUTE=no
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
IPV6INIT=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no
NAME=enp3s4f1
UUID=09f96366-e4a9-4e6e-a090-7267ed102d36
DEVICE=enp3s4f1
ONBOOT=yes

Thanks in advance
Andrei V