[ovirt-users] 答复: How power-saving schedule policy applied?

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 08:47:05 UTC 2018

> Set ‘HostInReserve’ to 0. Bingo, cloudstack03 goes down as expected.
>
> But when I launch a new VM I get an error popup dialog which inform me that there isn’t enough memory resource
> to start a new VM. Is it normal way that power saving mechanism works? Can’t power saving policy scheduling module
> wake up a host to launch VM automatically?

We decided against this. Booting a host can take a long time + there
is some time before our management agent reports in
and we can't wait that long when starting a VM. That is why we keep
the empty host in reserve. That way the VM can be
started immediately and the additional host's boot time does not
matter too much.

> Also, Is there any timeline base power saving policy I can apply? Like from 8’clock AM to 6’clock PM, 10 hosts up,
> 6’clock PM to next 8’clock AM, just keep 3 hosts alive.

We do not have UI for this, but it is easily done using cron and REST
API (either directly or using some SDK).
We were even working on it for a while, but it was put on backburner
since sysadmins know cron well and the UI would have to be limited
anyway.

Best regards

--
Martin Sivak