[ovirt-users] 答复: How power-saving schedule policy applied?

Alex Shen alex at bill-jc.com
Tue Jan 9 07:55:09 UTC 2018

Hi Martin, Karli

Thank a lot for your help.

According to your instruction, I added two parameters into cluster configuration, as below.

1)      enable power cycling mechanisms

2)      reserve one host standing by

My test bed:

3 hosts which are real servers, cloudstack01/cloudstack03/cloudstack04.

Heavy load on cloudstack01, 21 vms

Light load on cloudstack03, 1 vms

No thing on cloudstack04

When I shut down the last vm on cloudstack03(because I can’t migrate it to cloudstack01, I guess the load is already exceeding the threshold), the cloudstack04 goes to ‘maintenance’ then goes to ‘down’ state. Yepp, POWER SAVING.

I tried further test:

Set ‘HostInReserve’ to 0. Bingo, cloudstack03 goes down as expected.

But when I launch a new VM I get an error popup dialog which inform me that there isn’t enough memory resource to start a new VM. Is it normal way that power saving mechanism works? Can’t power saving policy scheduling module wake up a host to launch VM automatically?

Also, Is there any timeline base power saving policy I can apply? Like from 8’clock AM to 6’clock PM, 10 hosts up, 6’clock PM to next 8’clock AM, just keep 3 hosts alive.

Best regards

Alex