[ovirt-users] ovirt-live 4.2 - missing stable ISO? + Networking question - when to setup host & in NM or ifcfg?

Wed Jan 10 23:21:49 UTC 2018

> On 10 Jan 2018, at 19:27, Yaniv Kaul <ykaul at redhat.com <mailto:ykaul at redhat.com>> wrote:

>> I'm trying to find the stable / current oVirt-live ISO to download.
>>
>> According to the official documentation, it looks like there is only the legacy 4.1 ISO, or nightly / unstable builds of 4.2(.2?)?
>>
>> SRC: https://www.ovirt.org/download/ovirt-live/ <https://www.ovirt.org/download/ovirt-live/>
>>
>> I'm hoping we have deprecated it. For demo purposes, you could set up ovirt-system-tests[1]. For an all-in-one you could either install the Engine and the hypervisor on the same physical host, or a self-hosted-engine with a single physical node.

I just realised where I was getting confused, I simply was mixing up 'oVirt live' and 'oVirt node', both of which also have a very similar looking documentation page.

I've submitted a MR to clarify that oVirt live is deprecated, and to add a link to oVirt node: https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-site/pull/1478

>> Example diagram of infrastructure: https://i.imgur.com/U4hCP3a.png <https://i.imgur.com/U4hCP3a.png>
>>
>> With iSCSI, I prefer multipathing, but I see why you'd want bond, if it's used for other traffic as well.

Indeed, this interface acts as a 20Gbit LACP bond to the core switches passing not just iSCSI traffic over a specific VLAN but providing other VLANs / networks to servers.

--
Sam McLeod (protoporpoise on IRC)
https://smcleod.net

Words are my own opinions and do not necessarily represent those of my employer or partners.