[ovirt-users] mount_options for hosted_engine storage domain

Artem Tambovskiy artem.tambovskiy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 12:22:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have deployed a small cluster with 2 ovirt hosts and GlusterFS cluster
some time ago. And recently during software upgrade I noticed that I made
some mistakes during the installation:

if the host which was deployed first will be taken down for upgrade
(powered off or rebooted) the engine becomes unavailable (even all VM's and
hosted engine were migrated to second host in advance).

I was thinking that this is due to missing
mnt_options=backup-volfile--servers=host1.domain.com;host2.domain.com
option for hosted engine storage domain.
Is there any good way to fix this? I have tried
edit /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf manually to add missing
mnt_options but after while I noticed that those changes are gone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Artem