[ovirt-users] mount_options for hosted_engine storage domain

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 12:39:48 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Artem Tambovskiy <
artem.tambovskiy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have deployed a small cluster with 2 ovirt hosts and GlusterFS cluster
> some time ago. And recently during software upgrade I noticed that I made
> some mistakes during the installation:
>
> if the host which was deployed first will be taken down for upgrade
> (powered off or rebooted) the engine becomes unavailable (even all VM's and
> hosted engine were migrated to second host in advance).
>
> I was thinking that this is due to missing mnt_options=backup-volfile--
> servers=host1.domain.com;host2.domain.com option for hosted engine
> storage domain.
> Is there any good way to fix this? I have tried
> edit /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf manually to add missing
> mnt_options but after while I noticed that those changes are gone.

The master copy used at host-deploy time is on the shared storage domain,
you can change it with:
hosted-engine --set-shared-conf mnt_options=backup-volfile--servers=
host1.domain.com;host2.domain.com

And then edit /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf and restart
ovirt-ha-agent on existing HE hosts.