[ovirt-users] [solved] Error while upgrading engine from 4.1.8 to 4.2

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:39:00 UTC 2018

Hello,

i just completed the upgrade of my engine appliance from 4.1.8 to 4.2.0.1.

I would like to share the only error i've encountered while upgrading
and running engine-setup:

[ INFO  ] Creating/refreshing Engine database schema
[ ERROR ] schema.sh: FATAL: Cannot execute sql command:
--file=/usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts/upgrade/04_02_0140_add_max_memory_constraint.sql
[ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': Engine schema
refresh failed

After some search i found out that is an error linked to a bad
configuration of one (or more) vm having "Memory Size" value set with
an higher value than "Maximum Memory".
In my case the vm with that error was HostedEngine.

Editing the vm configuration by setting an appropriate value allowed
me to run again engine-setup with success.

Luca

--
"E' assurdo impiegare gli uomini di intelligenza eccellente per fare
calcoli che potrebbero essere affidati a chiunque se si usassero delle

"Internet è la più grande biblioteca del mondo.
Ma il problema è che i libri sono tutti sparsi sul pavimento"
John Allen Paulos, Matematico (1945-vivente)

Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>