[ovirt-users] [solved] Error while upgrading engine from 4.1.8 to 4.2

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 08:20:59 UTC 2018

lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> i just completed the upgrade of my engine appliance from 4.1.8 to 4.2.0.1.

This is interesting, since we released ovirt-engine-4.2.0.2 on GA, not
4.2.0.1.
Can you detail how did you get 4.2.0.1?

> I would like to share the only error i've encountered while upgrading
> and running engine-setup:
>
> [ INFO  ] Creating/refreshing Engine database schema
> [ ERROR ] schema.sh: FATAL: Cannot execute sql command:
> --file=/usr/share/ovirt-engine/dbscripts/upgrade/04_
> 02_0140_add_max_memory_constraint.sql
> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Misc configuration': Engine schema
> refresh failed
>

> After some search i found out that is an error linked to a bad
> configuration of one (or more) vm having "Memory Size" value set with
> an higher value than "Maximum Memory".
> In my case the vm with that error was HostedEngine.

Adding Simone to let him know about this.

> Editing the vm configuration by setting an appropriate value allowed
> me to run again engine-setup with success.

Adding Meital, Marina and Derek to let them know.

> Luca
>
> --
> "E' assurdo impiegare gli uomini di intelligenza eccellente per fare
> calcoli che potrebbero essere affidati a chiunque se si usassero delle
> macchine"
> Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibnitz, Filosofo e Matematico (1646-1716)
>
> "Internet è la più grande biblioteca del mondo.
> Ma il problema è che i libri sono tutti sparsi sul pavimento"
> John Allen Paulos, Matematico (1945-vivente)
>
> Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto, http://www.remixtj.net , <
> lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>

SANDRO BONAZZOLA

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, EMEA ENG VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>