[ovirt-users] Are Ovirt updates nessessary after CVE-2017-5754 CVE-2017-5753 CVE-2017-5715

Arman Khalatyan arm2arm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 16:05:22 UTC 2018

If you see that after the update of your OS dmesg shows RED alert in
the spectra check script in the second position then you should follow
the intel's read.me.
As in readme described on Centos 7.4:
rsync  -Pa intel-ucode /lib/firmware/
On the recent kernels(>2.6.xx) the dd method does not work, dont do that.
To confirm that microcode loaded:
dmesg | grep micro
look for the release dates.
But I beleve that v4 should be already in the microcode_ctl package of
the CentOS7.4 ( in my case 2650v2 was not inside, but the  v3 and v4
were there)
I have a script to enable or disable the protection so you can see the
performance impact on your case:
https://arm2armcos.blogspot.de/2018/01/lustrefs-big-performance-hit-on-lfs.html