[ovirt-users] The future of backups in oVirt 4.2+

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 15:15:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM, Dan Yasny <dyasny at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you are using NFS, you might find it easier and more efficient to use a
> solution outside oVirt.

But how do you maintain crash consistency? I suspect using oVirt helps, in
the sense that it enables fsfreeze (VSS). Otherwise, there's a good chance
of fsck...
In theory, it can be extended for application-consistency as well[1].
Y.

[1]
https://github.com/guillon/qemu-plugins/blob/master/scripts/qemu-guest-agent/fsfreeze-hook.d/mysql-flush.sh.sample