[ovirt-users] web 404 after reinstall ovirt-engine

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 08:35:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

so according to log you have successfully configured ovirt-engine at
2018-01-19 12:56:00. But in the engine.log I can see that engine cannot
connect to the database:

  2018-01-19 12:56:00,098+08 WARN
[org.jboss.jca.core.connectionmanager.pool.strategy.OnePool] (JCA
PoolFiller) IJ000610: Unable to fill pool: java:/ENGINEDataSourceNoJTA:
javax.resource.ResourceException: IJ031084: Unable to create connection:
  Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "engine"

Is it a clean database installation or do you already have some other
database running on this PostgreSQL instance? Or have you performed any
manual configuration changes to PostgreSQL prior to engine installation?

Anyway I see you have executed engine-cleanup at 2018-01-19 13:47:06 which
removed your installation, so we cannot perform any additional checks to
see why engine cannot access the db.

So if this is a new installation, then I'd recommend you to start again
from clean environment (complete OS reinstall is the easiest method),
execute engine-setup and if the issue is still appearing, please create a
bug and attach complete host logs using engine-log-collector tool  and
attach it to the bug?

Thanks

Martin

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:57 AM, 董青龙 <ddqlo at 126.com> wrote:

> Here are the logs, please check.
>
> At 2018-01-19 14:43:02, "Martin Perina" <mperina at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> could you please share with us complete engine logs from
> /var/log/ovirt-engine and subdirectories?
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin
>

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM, Arman Khalatyan <arm2arm at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> looks like your database is not running
>> what about if you re-run the engine-setup??
>>

>> Am 19.01.2018 7:11 vorm. schrieb "董青龙" <ddqlo at 126.com>:
>>
>>> Hi, all
>>>         I installed ovirt-engine 4.1.8.2 for the second time and I got
>>> "successful" after I excuted "engine-setup". But I got "404" when I tried
>>> to access webadmin portal using "https://FQDN/ovirt-engine". By the
>>> way, I could access the web after I installed ovirt-engine for the first
>>> time. Then I excuted "engine-cleanup" and "yum remove ovirt-engine" and
>>> installed ovirt-engine for the second time. I also tried to remove
>>> ovirt-engine-dwh and postgresql but after I reinstalled ovirt-engine I
>>> still got "404".
>>>         Can I fix this problem? Hope some can help, thanks!
>>>         Here are some logs in "/var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log":
>>> 2018-01-19 12:56:06,288+08 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.ui.frontend.
>>> server.dashboard.DashboardDataServlet] (ServerService Thread Pool --
>>> 61) [] Could not access engine's DWH configuration table: