[ovirt-users] Q: Optimal settings for DB hosting

andreil1 andreil1 at starlett.lv
Fri Jan 19 08:51:49 UTC 2018

Hi !

What is optimal setting for oVirt KVM guests for database hosting on Xeon server (2 x Xeon 4-core each) (in my case this is Firebird based accounting/stock control system with several clients active)?

1st of course its preallocated disk image.
VirtO-SCSI enabled
Migration disabled.
Balloning disabled.
CPU shares disabled
Pass-through host CPU enabled

What should be other CPU settings?
For example, Xeon have 2 threads per core, should I set in oVirt 1 or 2 threads per virtual CPU?
IO Threads on or off?
Any idea of NUMA settings ?

Node running 4 VMs total, CPU load is quite low, RAM is enough to preallocate for each VM + 4GB for node itself.

Thanks in advance !
Andrei