[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.6, we had the ovirt manager go down in a bad way and all VMs for one node marked Unknown and Not Reponding while up

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Wed Jan 24 15:18:47 UTC 2018

Would restarting vdsm on the node in question help fix this?  Again, all the VMs
are up on the node.  Prior attempts to fix this problem have left the node in a
state where I can issue the "has been rebooted" command to it, it's confused.

So... node is up.  All VMs are up.  Can't issue "has been rebooted" to the node,
all VMs show Unknown and not responding but they are up.

Chaning the status is the ovirt db to 0 works for a second and then it goes
immediately back to 8 (which is why I'm wondering if I should restart vdsm on
the node).

Oddly enough, we're running all of this in production.  So, watching it all go
down isn't the best option for us.

Any advice is welcome.