[ovirt-users] 4.2 Cloud-init & VM Portal question

Florian Schmid fschmid at ubimet.com
Thu Jan 25 12:49:36 UTC 2018

Hi,

we use it in 4.1.7 and here it is working quite well.
Before you create the template from the VM, we remove the VM Hostname in cloud-init tab.

When we then build the template and create a VM from it, we only need to enter a name in general tab Name.
It will then be auto fill in cloud-init tab VM Hostname

Only one important thing I saw is, that you need to select the template before you enter a name.

Sometimes my users complain about missing hostname in the VM, but actually, I every time have a look on cloud-init tab, if the hostname was filled in and I never had this issue.

BR Florian

UBIMET GmbH - weather matters
Ing. Florian Schmid • IT Infrastruktur Austria

A-1220 Wien • Donau-City-Straße 11 • Tel +43 1 263 11 22 DW 469 • Fax +43 1 263 11 22 219
fschmid at ubimet.com • www.ubimet.com • Mobile: +43 664 8323379

Sitz: Wien • Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht Wien • FN 248415 t

The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. UBIMET GmbH shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor shall it be liable for any delay in its receipt. UBIMET GmbH accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message.