[ovirt-users] 4.2 Cloud-init & VM Portal question

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 12:08:00 UTC 2018

On 24 Jan 2018 5:13 p.m., "Vrgotic, Marko" <M.Vrgotic at activevideo.com>
wrote:

Dear oVirt,

I have created a template which includes  cloud-init with user / timezone /
ssh key / network defined. Intention is to allow regular users & VM Portal
to create VMs using this template.

Question that I have is; if possible, how can I arrange that vm name I fill
in, is passed to cloud-init as vm hostname (as it is default when creating
VM from Admin Portal)? Is it even possible and please if so, provide some
guidance.

not possible atm - it is a good point. Can you please open an issue on
https://github.com/oVirt/ovirt-web-ui/issues

thank you!

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,