[ovirt-users] oVIRT 4.1 / iSCSI Multipathing

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Mon Mar 5 10:29:29 UTC 2018

Hello,

[Unusual setup]
Last week, I eventually managed to make a 4.2.1.7 oVirt work with
iscsi-multipathing on both hosts and guest, connected to a Dell
Equallogic SAN which is providing one single virtual ip - my hosts have
two dedicated NICS for iscsi, but on the same VLAN. Torture-tests showed
good resilience.

[Classical setup]
But this year, we plan to create at least two additional DCs but to
connect their hosts to a "classical" SAN, ie which provides TWO IPs on
segregated VLANs (not routed), and we'd like to use the same
iscsi-multipathing feature.

The discussion below could lead to think that oVirt needs the two iscsi
VLANs to be routed, allowing the hosts in one VLAN to access to
resources in the other.
As Vinicius explained, this is not a best practice to say the least.

Searching through the mailing list archive, I found no answer to
Vinicius' question.

May a Redhat storage and/or network expert enlighten us on these points?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Ecarnot