[ovirt-users] oVIRT 4.1 / iSCSI Multipathing

Sergei Hanus getallad at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:44:27 UTC 2018

Hi, Nicolas.
As long, as you are able to set up two separate iscsi sessions, which are
bount to two separate paths - multipath driver will handle the rest.
As I understand, Yaniv is talking about iscsi bonding, which is a bit more
broad sort of multipath (per description -
https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Storage/) - it creates
all possible paths between all possible initiators and targets within bond.
Personally, I don't think it's necessary - it's always better to control
the connections the way you described - two vlans, each vlan contains one
server NIC and one storage NIC, that's it.

 Sergei.