[ovirt-users] ovirt 4.1 - skylake - no avx512 support in virtual machines

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 13:56:58 UTC 2018

> On 27 Feb 2018, at 10:53, Marco Lorenzo Crociani <marcoc at prismatelecomtesting.com> wrote:
>
>> Skylake-Client does _not_ have AVX512 (I tried now on a Kaby Lake Core
>> i7 laptop).  Only Skylake-Server has it and it will be in RHEL 7.5.
>> Thanks,
>> Paolo
>
> Ok, we'll stay with pass-through until RHEL 7.5.

Note that support for Skylake-Server is already in oVirt 4.2.2, once you’re running on a hypervisor which supports that(e.g. RHEL 7.5 beta) it should work, when you run on the exsiting 7.4 it just won’t work (the option is there though, and we separated the generic former “Skylake” to Skylake-Client and Skylake-Server)

Thanks,
michal