[ovirt-users] After the export, the import OVA failed

Arik Hadas ahadas at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 21:04:28 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 10:23 PM, Fabrice SOLER <fabrice.soler at ac-guadeloupe.
fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have imported a VM with OVA created with VMware and it works !

That's great, but note that importing an OVA that was created by VMware is
totally different than importing an OVA that was created by oVirt
implementation-wise.

> So, the problem is in the export ! The vm.ovf has no line terminators,
> that why it does not work !
>
> * [root at ovirt-eple amon]# file vm.ovf*
> * vm.ovf: XML 1.0 document, ASCII text, with very long lines, with no line
> terminators*
>
> Is there somebody would know a solution ?

I'm afraid that's not the issue here - the OVF inside the OVA seems valid
(otherwise, the UI would have failed to "load" the configuration from the
OVA file).
You may be facing one of the various issues that were already resolved and
will be available in 4.2.2, but it's hard to tell without having the logs.
If you can share the engine+ansible logs, we will gladly look at them and
try to shed more light on the issue you're facing.
Otherwise, I would suggest to wait for 4.2.2 where the new OVA support is
much more mature.