[ovirt-users] Adding host to hosted-engine /w gluster cluster. (On ovirt Node 4.2.1.1)

Hanson Turner hanson at andrewswireless.net
Tue Mar 20 16:11:29 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

I've a 3 machine pool running gluster with replica 3 and want to add two
more machines.

This would change to a replica 5...

In ovirt 4.0, I'd done everything manually. No problem there.

In ovirt 4.2, I'd used the wizard for the hosted-engine. It looks like
the fourth node has been added to the pool but will not go active. It
complains gluster isn't running (which I've not manually configured
/dev/sdb for gluster). Host install+deploy fails. Host can go into
maintenance w/o issue. (Meaning the host has been added to the cluster,
but isn't operational)

What do I need to do to get the node up and running proper with gluster
syncing properly? Manually restarting gluster, tells me there's no peers
and no volumes.

Do we have a wizard for this too? Or do I need to go find the setup
scripts and configure hosts 4 + 5 manually and run the deploy again?

Thanks,

Hanson