[ovirt-users] Adding host to hosted-engine /w gluster cluster. (On ovirt Node 4.2.1.1)

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 10:12:54 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 9:41 PM, Hanson Turner <hanson at andrewswireless.net>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've a 3 machine pool running gluster with replica 3 and want to add two
> more machines.
>
> This would change to a replica 5...

Adding 2 more nodes to cluster will not change it to a replica 5. replica 3
is a configuration on the gluster volume. I assume you don't need a replica
5, but just to add more nodes (and possibly new gluster volumes) to the
cluster?

> In ovirt 4.0, I'd done everything manually. No problem there.
>
> In ovirt 4.2, I'd used the wizard for the hosted-engine. It looks like the
> fourth node has been added to the pool but will not go active. It complains
> gluster isn't running (which I've not manually configured /dev/sdb for
> gluster). Host install+deploy fails. Host can go into maintenance w/o
> issue. (Meaning the host has been added to the cluster, but isn't
> operational)

Are the repos configured correctly on the new nodes? Does the oVirt cluster
where the nodes are being added have "Enable Gluster Service" enabled?

> What do I need to do to get the node up and running proper with gluster
> syncing properly? Manually restarting gluster, tells me there's no peers
> and no volumes.
>
> Do we have a wizard for this too? Or do I need to go find the setup
> scripts and configure hosts 4 + 5 manually and run the deploy again?

The host addition flow should take care of installing gluster.
Can you share the engine log from when the host was added to when it's
reported non-operational?