[ovirt-users] Can't Add Host To New Hosted Engine - "Server is already part of another cluster"

Adam Chesterton chesterton.adam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 06:17:23 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm running a 3-host hyperconverged Gluster setup for testing (on some old
desktops), and recently the hosted engine died on me, so I have attempted
to just clean up my existing hosts, leaving Gluster configured, and
re-deploy a fresh hosted engine setup on them.

I have successfully got the first host setup and the hosted engine is
running on that host. However, when I try to add the other two hosts via
the web GUI (as I can no longer add them via CLI) I get this error: "Error
while executing action: Server XXXXX is already part of another cluster."

I've tried to find where this would still be configured on the two other
hosts, but I cannot find anywhere.

Does anyone know how I can stop these two hosts from thinking they are
still in a cluster? Or, does anyone have some information that might help,
or am I going to just have to start a fresh CentOS install?

Regards,
Adam