[ovirt-users] Can't Add Host To New Hosted Engine - "Server is already part of another cluster"

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 07:03:04 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM, Adam Chesterton
<chesterton.adam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm running a 3-host hyperconverged Gluster setup for testing (on some old
> desktops), and recently the hosted engine died on me, so I have attempted to
> just clean up my existing hosts, leaving Gluster configured, and re-deploy a
> fresh hosted engine setup on them.
>
> I have successfully got the first host setup and the hosted engine is
> running on that host. However, when I try to add the other two hosts via the
> web GUI (as I can no longer add them via CLI) I get this error: "Error while
> executing action: Server XXXXX is already part of another cluster."

This message might be a result of the host's participation in a gluster cluster,
not hosted-engine cluster. Please share engine.log from the engine.

Adding Sahina.

> I've tried to find where this would still be configured on the two other
> hosts, but I cannot find anywhere.

If it's only about hosted-engine, you can check /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine .

You might try using ovirt-hosted-engine-cleanup, although it was not designed
for such cases.

> Does anyone know how I can stop these two hosts from thinking they are still
> in a cluster? Or, does anyone have some information that might help, or am I
> going to just have to start a fresh CentOS install?

If you do not need the data, a reinstall might be simplest.
If you do, not sure what's your exact plan.
You intend to rely on the replication? So that you reinstall one host, add it,
wait until syncing finished, then reinstall the other? Might work, no idea.

Best regards,
--
Didi