[ovirt-users] Adding host to hosted-engine /w gluster cluster. (On ovirt Node 4.2.1.1)

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 09:14:02 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Hanson Turner <hanson at andrewswireless.net>
wrote:

> Hi Sahina,
>
> On the fourth node, I've found /var/log/glusterfs/rhev-data-
> center-mnt-glusterSD-ovirtnode1.core\:_engine.log ... is this the
> engine.log you're referring to or do you want one from the hosted engine?

I was referring to oVirt's engine.log. Found under
/var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log

I actually do want to go replica 5. Most VM's it runs are small(1 Core,1gb
> Ram,8gb HDD) and HA is needed. I'd like a bigger critical margin than one
> node failing.

Ok, in this case - in addition to adding the new nodes to cluster, you will
also need to add bricks to the volume and increase the replica count to 5.
You can do this using the "Add Bricks" from the Bricks tab on selection of
a gluster volume. Ensure that you set the replica count to 5 here. This
should be done once you successfully add the new hosts to the cluster.

> As far as the repos, it's a straight the ovirtnode iso install, I think
> it's Node 4.2.0... which is yum updated to 4.2.1.1
> When I installed 4.0 I'd installed on top of centos. This round I went
> straight with the node os because of simplicity in updating.
>
> I can manually restart gluster from cli, the peer and volume status show
> no peers or volumes.

This is because the nodes have not been added (or peer probed) to existing
gluster cluster.
I will need the logs I requested to understand why.