[ovirt-users] Adding host to hosted-engine /w gluster cluster. (On ovirt Node 4.2.1.1)

Hanson Turner hanson at andrewswireless.net
Wed Mar 21 13:31:00 UTC 2018

Hi Sahina,

On the fourth node, I've found
/var/log/glusterfs/rhev-data-center-mnt-glusterSD-ovirtnode1.core\:_engine.log
... is this the engine.log you're referring to or do you want one from
the hosted engine?

I actually do want to go replica 5. Most VM's it runs are small(1
Core,1gb Ram,8gb HDD) and HA is needed. I'd like a bigger critical
margin than one node failing.

As far as the repos, it's a straight the ovirtnode iso install, I think
it's Node 4.2.0... which is yum updated to 4.2.1.1
When I installed 4.0 I'd installed on top of centos. This round I went
straight with the node os because of simplicity in updating.

I can manually restart gluster from cli, the peer and volume status show
no peers or volumes.

One thing of note, the networking is still as setup from the node
install. I cannot change the networking info from the ovirt
gui/dashboard. The host goes unresponsive and then another host power
cycles it.

Thanks,
Hanson