[ovirt-users] Engine and nodes ssh setup

spfma.tech at e.mail.fr spfma.tech at e.mail.fr
Fri Mar 23 11:34:34 UTC 2018

Hi,
   I have weaked "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/sslutils.py" in order to get more informative errors. So here is what I get   2018-03-23 12:26:17,367+0100 ERROR (Reactor thread) [ProtocolDetector.SSLHandshakeDispatcher] ssl handshake: SSLError, address: ::ffff:10.100.1.100 error : [EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:579)] dispatcher:  socket: ('::ffff:10.100.1.51', 54321, 0, 0) family: 10 protocol: 6 (sslutils:259)

 Can someone explain what it means ?   Regards

 Le 22-Mar-2018 10:55:03 +0100, msivak at redhat.com a crit:
Hi,

 > There is a step I am not sure : is root user on the engine supposed to be
 > able to log into nodes without password or not ? In my case it doesn't

 No, the webadmin application uses Java implementation of the ssh
 protocol and you give it the needed password when you add a host for
 the first time. It prepares ssh keys for itself and stores them in
 database (iirc).

 The root user on the machine running the webadmin app does not have
 any access to hosts afaik.

 Best regards

 Martin Sivak