[ovirt-users] ovirt-guest-agent behaviour

Giulio Casella giulio at di.unimi.it
Fri Mar 23 13:30:37 UTC 2018

Hi,
I just installed a Fedora 27 guest, with ovirt-guest-agent.
This VM runs on oVirt (to say the truth is RedHat Virtualization version
4.1.9.2-0.1.el7).
I noticed a strange behaviour: in the guest tab "Logged-in user" is
always reported as None, but agent seems to be running correctly (other
guest data as kernel version, OS, Console client IP, etc. is reported
correctly). Nothing relevant is showing in agent log file.

Same behaviour for login via kdm and console login.

Version of installed agent is ovirt-guest-agent-common-1.0.14-1.fc27.noarch.

Other VMs on the same cluster are reporting correct logged-in user as
expected (1500+ VM, Windows 7, Fedora 27, Fedora 24, CentOS, ...), so I
think is a guest issue.

Any ideas?

TIA,