[ovirt-users] Snapshot of the Self-Hosted Engine

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 07:13:59 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 4:23 PM, FERNANDO FREDIANI
<fernando.frediani at upx.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to snapshot the Self-Hosted Engine before an Upgrade ? If so
> how ?

I do not think so - I do not think anything changed since this:

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2016-November/044103.html

I agree it sounds like a useful thing to have. Not sure how hard it
can be to implement it. Feel free to open an RFE bz.

Basically, we'll have to:

1. Make sure everything continues to work sensibly - engine/vdsm do
the right things, ha agent works as expected, etc.

2. Provide means to start the vm from a snapshot, and/or revert to a
snapshot. This is going to be quite ugly, because it will have to
duplicate in ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/-ha functionality that already
exists in the engine, because at that point the engine is not
available to assist with this.

Best regards,
--
Didi