[ovirt-users] Any monitoring tool provided?

Peter Hudec phudec at cnc.sk
Wed Mar 28 14:38:55 UTC 2018

I have working proof-of-concept. There still could  be bug in
templates and not all parameters are monitored, but HOST and VM
discovery is working.

I will try to share it on github. At this moment I have some
performance issues, since it's using the zabbix-agent which needs to
for a new process for each query ;(

	Peter

On 26/03/2018 08:13, Peter Hudec wrote:
> Yes, template and python
>
> at this moment I understand oVirt API. I needed to write own small
> SDK, since the oVirt SDK is using SSO for login, that means it do
> some additional requests for login process. There is no option to
> use Basic Auth. The SESSION reuse could be useful, but I do no
> want to add more
>
> First  I need to understand some basics from Zabbix Discovery
> Rules / Host Prototypes. I would like to have VM as separate hosts
> in Zabbix, like VMWare does. The other stuff is quite easy.
>
> There plugin for nagios/icinga if someone using this monitoring
> tool https://github.com/ovido/check_rhev3
>
> On 26/03/2018 08:02, Alex K wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>
>> This is interesting. Is it going to be a template with an
>> external python script?
>
>> Alex
>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018, 08:50 Peter Hudec <phudec at cnc.sk
>> <mailto:phudec at cnc.sk>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Terry,
>
>> I started to work on ZABBIX integration based on oVirt API.
>> Basically it should be like VmWare integration in ZABBIX with
>> full hosts/vms discovery and statistic gathering.
>
>> The API provides  for each statistics service for NIC, VM as wall
>> CPU and MEM utilization.
>
>> There is also solution based on reading data from VDSM to
>> prometheus
>> http://rmohr.github.io/virtualization/2016/04/12/monitor-your-ovirt-d

ta

> center-with-prometheus
>> <http://rmohr.github.io/virtualization/2016/04/12/monitor-your-ovirt-

atacenter-with-prometheus>.

>> Peter
>
>> On 22/03/2018 04:41, Terry hey wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>
>>> Now, we can just read how many storage used, cpu usage on
>>> ovirt dashboard. But is there any monitoring tool for
>>> monitoring virtual machine time to time? If yes, could you guys
>>> give me the procedure?
>

>>> Regards Terry

- --
*Peter Hudec*