[ovirt-users] Any monitoring tool provided?

Shirly Radco sradco at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 06:41:12 UTC 2018

Hi Peter,

Using the oVirt API will add load on the engine and may affect the engine
performance.
We have the DWH that collectd metrics and configuration data about the
hosts and vms and can be used along with Grafana.

We also added the oVirt metrics store that collects the metrics directly
from the host about the hosts and vms and from the engine about the machine
itself and postgres db.
This was done in order to lower the load on the engine.
We also collect the engine.log and vdsm.log.

The metrics are collected to Elasticsearch and can be visualised in Kibana
and Grafana and are collected in 10 sec interval that give you almost real
time view.
I would love to hear why you prefer using Zabbix for collecting the metrics
data.

Best regards,

--

SHIRLY RADCO