[Wiki] Search not working on user pages

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 03:55:13 UTC 2013

On 01/26/2013 06:30 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> It's possible we're running into a well known but rather annoying "3
> letter search terms are ignored" bug in MediaWiki. There is a fix, but
> it involves reindexing the database, and changing MySQL and Mediawiki
> settings. Can you create a Trac ticket for this, please?
> https://fedorahosted.org/ovirt/report

I think that [User:] pages are not in the default search path.

This is likely set that way to allow users to create content as
non-findable drafts. When users have pages they want found, I think the
usual thing is to move the page from [User:] space. In this case, move
the page to [Setting VNC locale].

I think there are some fairly good reasons for having the [User:] space
out of the default search. If we were to consider changing that, I think
we'd want to talk about it on arch@ to get other people's thoughts.

Cheers - Karsten