[Wiki] Search not working on user pages

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 10:51:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 01/28/2013 04:55 AM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> I think that [User:] pages are not in the default search path.

Ah yes, good call.

> I think there are some fairly good reasons for having the [User:] space
> out of the default search. If we were to consider changing that, I think
> we'd want to talk about it on arch@ to get other people's thoughts.

Agreed. For information:
* You can work around this as an individual user by adding domains to
the default search (Preferences->Search options->check User namespace)
* We can add User to the default namespaces covered in search by setting
$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault[NS_USER] to true in LocalSettings.php

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13