[Engine-devel] Introduce mail

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Thu Jun 27 22:16:16 UTC 2013

Hello Fillipe,

If you can integrate between several components of ovirt we need help in re-writing the ovirt-node vdsm plugin[1].

This is somewhat complex task, in which we integrate ovirt-node distribution with UI and logic of registration and the ovirt-engine.

The basic sequence is as follows:

1. admin login into ovirt-node TUI.
2. ovirt-node TUI loads a plugin out of the ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm.
3. ovirt-node TUI allows user to interact with the plugin.
4. once the ip address and port of the engine are provided the plugin performs:
a) download CA certificate.
b) download SSH public key.
c) perform registration via HTTP
d) create bridge

What we need is to cleanup the code first which contains a lot of legacy, then to modify the behavior to suite our current needs.

The task is complex because of the integration between different components and the ovirt-node hostile environment.

If you are interested, we can start...

Regards,
Alon

[1] http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-node-plugin-vdsm.git