[ovirt-devel] oVirt-specific aspect languages

Vojtech Szocs vszocs at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 14:13:44 UTC 2016

Hi Arik,

thanks for sharing this, the article is very interesting!

"
However, since AspectJ is an extension to Java, most of oVirt
developers would need to know additional programming language
which puts the cost-effectiveness of this approach into question.
"

I always thought that good Java developers should be familiar
with AOP concepts anyway.

That said, I really like the combo of AOP with DSL (or ASL)
and I agree that it can simplify handling concerns in a way
that is much closer to app's domain, rather than being closer
to its implementation (as with AOP).

Regards,
Vojtech