[Engine-devel] Fwd: Problem in REST API handling/displaying of logical networks

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 08:56:03 UTC 2012

http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/engine-devel/2012-July/002009.html

> second you suggest that we'll add attached unattached status, I don't
> see value in it unless you specify the clusters it is attached to as a
> sub - collection, I don't see us getting to this anytime soon.

exactly on opposite, if network would have /clusters links sub-collection,
<status>attached|unattached<status> will not be needed as it obvious by
absence or existence of clusters links in sub-collection,

the use-case is: when you have N networks in DC and want to find unused one
to attach it to cluster.

(without this <status> you'll have to traverse over all networks against all
clusters to find one unused)

> we can always add it later and it does not change the fact that the API

the solution is very simple and does not require any resources:

1. to enum NetworkStatus add new (default) member UNATTACHED
2. clients will show UNATTACHED if NetworkStatus == UNATTACHED
   or ATTACHED otherwise

--

Michael Pasternak
RedHat, ENG-Virtualization R&D