[JIRA] (OVIRT-696) create an 'infra-ansible' repo

Barak Korren bkorren at redhat.com
Tue Sep 6 07:32:16 UTC 2016

On 6 September 2016 at 10:21, Marc Dequènes (Duck) <duck at redhat.com> wrote:

> So cleanup done. In fact the commit hook added them when doing the git
> am :-/.
>
> So, when working on a topic branch, people usually intend to work on the
> same feature, so to stakup improvements and fixes on the same
> "patchset". I fail to see how to do that with git review and the current
> commit hook, as it does not seem to care about handling a branch as a
> series of patches in the same patchset. Are we supposed to handle the
> Change-ID manually?
>
> Please help on this matter, the conflicting docs on Internet did not
> really help.

In Gerrit every commit becomes a patch, there is no way to put
multiple commits in the same patch (this is probably the most notable
difference between Gerrit and pull-request based systems).
The idea in Gerrit is that once you are done developing, you squash
your commits together to generate patches that will be easy for
reviewers to understand.

--
Barak Korren
bkorren at redhat.com