[Users] vdsm configuration

Jon Choate jchoate at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 16:26:30 UTC 2011

On 11/18/2011 11:03 AM, Cristian Falcas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can someone point me to some documentation regarding vdsm (and if
> needed libvirt) configuration? How it is accessed by the ovirt-engine
> and how to set it to a certain ovirt-engine on the network. Currently
> my libvirt is complaining that it can't work with ssh-less vdsm and I
> have no idea how to set up the keys for vdsm.
>
> Also I have no idea how to define the storage: in ovirt or in vdsm?
> Who is reporting the disks/files available?
>
> I hope I understood correctly that only the vdsm package is needed to
> make the physical machine available for ovirt and only ovirt-engine is
> doing all the heavy work.
>
> Also, if the questions are too "RTFM", please let me know where I can
> find any help related to ovirt.
>
> Best regards,
>      Cristian Falcas
For vdsm without ssl to work with libvirt you need to change the libvirt
config:

/etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf needs the following settings -

listen_tcp=1 # by vdsm
listen_tls=0 # by vdsm

and /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf needs:
spice_tls=0 # by vdsm

and of course restart libvirt and vdsm.

vdsm and ovirt-engine work together by adding the vdsm host to
ovirt-engine through the webadmin or rest api.

Storage is also added in the same way.