[ovirt-users] Timout with large image uploads in ovirt 4.0.5

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 14:24:22 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Claude Durocher
<claude.durocher at cptaq.gouv.qc.ca> wrote:
> When trying to upload large kvm images (more than 50 GB) with the upload
> option, we get timeouts. In the ovirt-imageio-proxy/image-proxy.log we have:
>
> ERROR 2016-11-24 16:18:51,211 session:293:root:(_decode_ovirt_ticket) Failed
> to verify proxy ticket: Ticket life time expired
>
> We can recover and restart the upload but it is annoying to constantly watch
> the process. Is there a timeout parameter we can change in the
> imageio-proxy?

This is not a timeout but expiration of the ticket. The ticket
lifetime is 5 minutes,
and it is renewed by the client. If the client stops renewing the
ticket, the engine
ticket will expire, and the upload session will be aborted.

Can you file a bug about this issue?
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=ovirt-imageio

Please attach proxy and engine logs showing the timeframe of the upload.

Nir