[ovirt-users] engine upgrade 3.5 -> 4.1.1

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 08:32:40 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:27 PM, Sverker Abrahamsson <
sverker at abrahamsson.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I upgraded an old ovirt installation from 3.5 to latest version, but end
> up with this error message when running engine-setup:
>
> [ INFO  ] Stage: Setup validation
> [ ERROR ] It seems that you are running your engine inside of the
> hosted-engine VM and are not in "Global Maintenance" mode. In that case you
> should put the system into the "Global Maintenance" mode before running
> engine-setup, or the hosted-engine HA agent might kill the machine, which
> might corrupt your data.
> [ ERROR ] Failed to execute stage 'Setup validation': Hosted Engine setup
> detected, but Global Maintenance is not set.
>
> This is not a hosted engine, so why does it think so? How can I get it
> past this step?

Hi Sverker,
could you please share the output of:
  sudo -u postgres psql engine -c "SELECT vm_guid, run_on_vds FROM vms
WHERE vm_name in (select 'HostedEngine' union select option_value from
vdc_options where option_name='HostedEngineVmName')"

thanks