[ovirt-users] Maximum storage per VM?

Yaniv Kaul ykaul at redhat.com
Tue Oct 10 08:03:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dchebota at gmu.edu> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to find any info on how much storage I can attach to a VM.
>
> Is there a recommended/maximum for number of disks and maximum disk size?

Disk count depends on the interface - IDE - very few, virtio- 20-something
(depends on the number of PCI slots available), virtio-SCSI - more.
What is the use case?

> I'm using GlusterFS as backend storage for the cluster.
>
> The VM uses LVM (/w striped volumes) to manage attached disks.

Aren't you having layers over layers over layers? Is that the optimal
arrangement?
(Again, would be interesting to understand the use case to better provide
information).
Y.