I just put a draft call for content in a new page for the NetApp
workshop on the wiki: http://www.ovirt.org/NetApp_Workshop_January_2013
The call for contents is basically a copy of the topic list from the KVM
Forum/oVirt Workshop in Barcelona. Some points to note:
* I set the deadline close, so that we could notify speakers before the
holidays, and allow people coming from further away to organise travel
arrangements. Is 2 weeks for a Call for Content enough?
* We will re-use the workshop-pc mailing list for proposals and
discussion. There was an open discussion point about what our
subscription and posting policy should be for the list - I suggest that
non-members may post to the list, and anyone can subscribe.
I would like to actively reach out to some oVirt users and partners to
ensure that we have a diverse set of content for the conference - I
would expecially like to hear some interesting case studies about the
ways that oVirt is being used!
Can I get some comments on this quickly, please? If it is acceptable, I
would like to push it more widely this evening.
Call for Content
We are actively seeking speakers for this workshop. We are interested in
talks in the following areas:
* Case studies of oVirt deployments
* Using oVirt effectively
* oVirt Project Roadmaps
* Deep dives into features/areas
* Deep dives into code/debugging/tuning
* Integration and extensions
* Components: engine, vdsm, node, sdk/cli, reports, mom, guest agent,
* Subjects: network, storage, vm life cycle, scheduling & sla,
* Packaging, installation and distributions
* Community infrastructure and services
Please submit talk proposals for review by sending a message to
workshop-pc(a)ovirt.org. Your email should include your full name, speaker
biography and your talk abstract. We will accept submissions through
Friday, 14 December 2012 at 23:55 UTC. Speakers will be notified of
acceptance by Friday, 21 December 2012.
Accepted speakers should plan to submit their slides to the
workshop-pc(a)ovirt.org mailing list no later than close of business on
Friday, 18 January 2013.
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Open Source and Standards, Red Hat - http://community.redhat.com
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13