Summertime, and the livin' is easy... but the oVirt community has still been staying
busy! Here's the latest community news from June and July as we ramp up for more
events in August and beyond.
* Brussels Airport Case Study posted by Brian Proffitt
* Vojtech Szocs rolled out the new oVirt.js prototype with a sample GWT wrapper
* oVirt brings order to Illinois county courts
* Community project ManageIQ was officially open sourced, with instructions on how
to use with oVirt
* A new RubyGems plugin monitors oVirt provisions for new hosts and performs related
API calls to ovirt-engine.
* Francesco Romani worked on reducing the number of threads in VDSM.
* Christophe Fergeau continued his work on foreign menu patches in oVirt.
* The oVirt 3.4.3 RC was released on July 10.
* Daniel Erez posted an oVirt Engine prototype Docker container in the official
* Mad Man Allon Mureinik got an oVirt ad running on StackOverflow
* OriginStack produced a video on oVirt/OPenStack network integration with Neutron
* The first two Test Days for oVirt 3.5 helped us make progress toward the next
* Michal Skrivanek contributed a quick peek at the new live migration progress bar
coming in oVirt 3.5.
* Events and Activities
* Kiril Nesenko educated Jenkins User Conference attendees on how to manage oVirt
infrastructure with Jenkins
* Rizwan Ashraf is seeking fellow oVirt users in the Bay Area for a usergroup or
* oVirt will join other community projects to present at Infrastructure.Next in
Chicago on Aug. 20.
* Join Yaniv Bronheim as he speaks at LinuxCon on Aug. 21 about Integrating oVirt
and Foreman to Empower your Data-Center
* Visit Red Hat Israel's offices for the first-ever DevOps at Red Hat meetup on Aug
* oVirt will be one of many community projects represented at Fossetcon in Orlando Sep.
* The next oVirt workshop to be co-located on October 16 with KVM Forum Oct. 14-16,
How to install oVirt. Room 41D pic.twitter.com/jvBCEdFzH2
* René Koch reports on oVirt open source events in Austria
* Recent Posts
* Alissa Bonas published Getting the Most Out of Your Open Source Project
* Douglas Landsgraf walked users through generating an oVirt Node ISO with modified
* Fabian Deutsch introduced the all-new oVirt Engine Virtual Appliance
* oVirt's July update included a sneak peek at oVirt 3.5.
* Maor Lipchuk updated the community on oVirt's Google Summer of Code programs.
* Amador Pahim explained how to add QEMU discard support to oVirt
oVirt Community Manager
Project Atomic Community Lead
Open Source and Standards, Red Hat - http://community.redhat.com
Phone: +1 574 383 9BKP
IRC: bkp @ OFTC