Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
It has been quite a year for oVirt, and I'd like to take the opportunity
and thank everyone in out community for making it a great year for the
- oVirt 3.3.2 was released
- oVirt 3.4 is in the works
- Many oVirt sessions planned for Fosdem + oVirt booth - see you there!
- oVirt Contributor shirts
Doron and Dave shipped some T-Shirts to prominently active community
members to recognize their contribution (and thanks to Eldan for the
- a new book: "Getting started with oVirt 3.3", written by community
member Alexey Lesovsky:
or via safaribooksonline: http://alturl.com/fm7ug
- An Austrian company called IT Novum migrated a 1100 machine data
center to 100% open source, including oVirt for management (from
They chronicled the migration with the Twitter tag
- James is trying to build a docker image for oVirt engine
- Alon announced Experimental Gentoo support for ovirt-engine-3.3.1 is
- iiordanov announced Android Spice Client available for beta testing
- Some nice "how to" added to oVirt wiki by Nkesick (cybertimber2000)
- just one of those nice emails...
"Just wanted to express my deepest admiration for the progress of this
project. ... my quest for upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2 ... This time
around, ... the whole process _just worked_!
All I can say is THANK YOU! Both to you developers of oVirt and a
special thank you to dreyou for posting such a well-written manual.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you:)"
- Up and Running with oVirt 3.3
- "oVirt 3.3.2 hackery on Fedora 19" blog post by bderzhavets
- a new (dedicated?) ovirt blog
- detailed steps for deploying/using oVirt (Japanese)
- Oved blogged about various ways to integrate with oVirt/RHEV
(API, SDK, CLI, UI plugins, Scheduling API, VDSM Hooks)
part 1 - http://alturl.com/4sytx
part 2 - http://alturl.com/qye5f
- Use oVirt LiveCD in dual LAN network environment (Chinese)