oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 14:00 - 15:00 UTC (10:00am US Eastern,
07:00am US Pacific)
== Invitees/Attendees ==
project-planning(a)ovirt.org list subscribers
Robyn Bergeron (Red Hat)
Anthony Liguori (IBM)
Karsten Wade (Red Hat)
Ryan Harper (IBM)
Jun Nakajima (Intel)
Adam Litke (IBM)
Jon Benedict (Net App)
Mark Baker (Canonical)
Jim Jagielski (Red Hat)
Alex Graf (SUSE)
Dan Fraser (Canonical)
Andy Cathrow (Red Hat)
If you do not currently have this call on your calendar and would like
it to be, please mail rbergero(a)redhat.com.
== Project Schedule ==
* Ongoing oVirt workshop promotion
* oVirt Workshop - November 1, 2, 3
* USA - CA - hosted by Cisco
* Press release post workshop
* Community startup at workshop
* Schedule first community release
* Community Infrastructure
* Launch at workshop
* First release - January/February.
== Action Items ==
* Anthony to propose IRC meeting for this meeting ILO phone call to
* Andy to follow up with Kerri re: status on press release
* Karsten to follow up with Crowne Plaza re: group rate
== Call Agenda ==
1) Board news
* Can this be an IRC instead of a phone call?
* Anthony to propose IRC meeting for this meeting ILO phone call
to mailing list.
* Welcome to Canonical
2) Project launch status / Progress review
* Statistics review (Carl) (out)
* Addition of project maturity page / how to add a subproject page
status (Carl) (out)
3) oVirt Workshop / Summit - Nov. 1 - 3, Cisco Main Campus, San Jose, CA.
* Attendance updates (Robyn/Karsten)
* RSVP's are now full - we are capped at 85 for largest room at
Cisco, RSVP list is completely full.
* May need to add additional people - 3 additional organizations
possibly wanting to each send 1 person.
* Logistics planning:
* Hotel, evening activities status (Karsten)
* Hotel group rate of $140 possible, Karsten still wrangling with
* Press release status
* Preference was to do a joint press release - Andy to follow up
with Kerri today.
* Sessions - recorded either via video or audio? Lots of Canonical
folks interested in participating.
* WebEx whenever possible
* Audio stream
* IRC Channels for each room
* Andrew working with Cisco on Hardware for in-person meeting.
* Actual content of workshop is in planning.
4) Infrastructure (Karsten)
* Wiki status - Wiki is now open, request an account if you need one.
* Gerrit/Jenkins - working on the base EC2 images, making sure it is
open for participation, goal of having gerrit.ovirt.org
running by 17 or
5) Other updates / Agenda topics