On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM, Barak Korren <bkorren(a)redhat.com> wrote:
On 8 June 2016 at 15:58, Fernando Frediani
> Hi there,
> I'm spending a fair amount of time to find out how (if possible) to upload a
> .img image to a oVirt Storage Domain and be able to mount it in a VM as a
> It is a OpenWRT image and there is no OVF from it, so it's a raw image which
> I wanted to use as a disc. Tried both with engine-iso-uploader and
> engine-image-uploader but they refure for diferent reasons.
> Is that possible at all ?
Uploading of QCOW images from GUI will hopefully land in 4.0.
I has landed, the last 4.0 build should support it in ovirt builds.
It may have a bug that you have to approve additional certificate
to get the upload working, this is fixed upstream.
Amit, can you confirm?
In the meantime you can work around it like this:
1. Create a VM and install centos/some other Linux on it
2. Create a new VM disk and attach to VM, not the disk device
3. Copy the image from the file to the disk device with virt-resize.
4. Detach the disk from the VM and build a new VM around it
1. Convert the VM from step #4 to a template
2. Re use the VM from step #1 to upload more images.
Users mailing list