All our CentOS templates are “baked” with 40GB disk (sparse) QCOW.
When Creating new VM from template, using Thin storage allocation:
* VM is created with 40GB disk (reading from oVirt GUI) and
* from OS fdisk and/or parted report 40GB disk size.
* The / partition is also matching expected size
When Creating VM from template, using default Clone storage allocation:
* VM is created with 40GB disk (reading from oVIrt GUI)
* from OS fdsik and/or parted report only actual used space, which in our case is
* The / partition is matching only actual disk size, not virtual one
Why is Clone not taking into account Virtual size of the Template disk?
Is it intended behavior that when image is cloned from template, only actual disk size
information is copied, not the virtual?
Kindly awaiting your reply.
oVirt 4.3.4 with SHE and NFS based storage and Local.
— — —
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
Sr. System Engineer @ System Administration
tel. +31 (0)35 677 4131
Joop van den Endeplein 1
1217 WJ Hilversum