oVirt nor RHEV does not allow for USB-tablet that I am aware of.
If it does the ability to disable/enable it is not in the UI nor do I see it being enabled
in the generated domain XML.
EOL is fine but that is from the RedHat perspective. Keep in mind companies (like mine)
where we support those OS's for 10+ years or more.
In that regard since we support installed based products on those old operating systems,
developers would want to use the PuP to install/load test/dev environments.
From that angle developers using the PuP are still have a use case in
All in all EOL or not people will still want to use those old operating
systems so they cannot considered EOL and therefore not supported.
From: Hans de Goede [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:40 AM
To: Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare)
Cc: Itamar Heim; André Felício; spice-devel(a)lists.freedesktop.org; users(a)ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [Spice-devel] [Users] oVirt console plans
On 01/31/2012 06:38 AM, Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) wrote:
I did some more extensive testing tonight to see how many guests
would have issues with a SPICE based console. This testing was specifically during guest
OS install time.
Here is the list and the results
- Red Hat 7.3 --> Mouse unusable
- Red Hat 9 --> Mouse unusable
- Fedora core 1 - 14 --> Mouse unusable
These are all past there EOL, also see my remark below which certainly applies to these.
- Fedora core 15 Mouse useable
- Fedora core 16 Mouse useable
- Red Hat Enterprise 3.x --> Mouse unusable
- Red Hat Enterprise 4.x --> Mouse unusable
- Red Hat Enterprise 5.x --> Mouse unusable
- Red Hat Enterpise 6.x --> Mouse useable
- SLES 10 --> Mouse unusable
- SLES 11 --> Mouse unusable
- SLES 11 SP1 --> Mouse unusable
- OpenSUSE 11.1 --> Mouse unusable
- OpenSUSE 11.2 --> Mouse useable
- OpenSUSE 11.3 --> Mouse useable
- OpenSUSE 11.4 --> Mouse useable
Looking at the above list it sounds to me like you had the usb-tablet enabled in the vm
config, that is not a good idea for Linux versions which have an xorg which does not
support device hotplug. May I suggest that you re-run the tests without the usb-tablet
This may also help with the problems with other operating systems.