It's actually not so easy.
The fastest way to recover is just restore from backup.
Otherwise the flow should be:
1. Install the new node (new hostname will be easier).
2. Use gluster's replace-brick to change the dead brick with new one.
3. Once ovirt 's integration with gluster detects the change, you will be able to
forcefully remove the dead node.
4. Add the newly installed node to the relevant cluster (with or without hosted-engine
5. Test to move a low-priority VM to the new host.
6. Power up a test VM on the new host to test the functionality.
7. You can make the new node SPM and test snapahots and new vm creation.
As you can see , in order to remove a missing node - it should not be part of the
Strahil NikolovOn Jan 10, 2020 20:10, Christian Reiss wrote: > > Hey, > > is
there really no ovirt native way to restore a single host and bring > it back into the
cluster? > > -Chris. > > On 07.01.2020 09:54, Christian Reiss wrote: > >
Hey folks, > > > > - theoretical question, no live data in jeopardy - >
> > > Let's say a 3-way HCI cluster is up and running, with engine running,
> > all is well. The setup was done via gui, including gluster. > > > >
Now I would kill a host, poweroff & disk wipe. Simulating a full node > >
failure. > > > > The remaining nodes should keep running on (3 copy sync, no
arbiter), > > vms keep running or will be restarted. I would reinstall using the
ovirt > > node installer on the "failed" node. > > > > This
would net me with a completely empty, no-gluster setup. What is the > > oVirt way to
recover from this point onward? > > > > Thanks for your continued support!
<3 > > -Christian. > > > > -- > Christian Reiss -
email(a)christian-reiss.de /"\ ASCII Ribbon >
christian(a)reiss.nrw \ / Campaign >
X against HTML > XMPP
chris(a)alpha-labs.net / \ in eMails > WEB
christian-reiss.de, reiss.nrw > > GPG Retrieval http://gpg.christian-reiss.de
GPG ID ABCD43C5, 0x44E29126ABCD43C5 > GPG fingerprint = 9549 F537 2596 86BA 733C
A4ED 44E2 9126 ABCD 43C5 > > "It's better to reign in hell than to serve
in heaven.", > John Milton, Paradise
lost. > _______________________________________________ > Users mailing list --
users(a)ovirt.org > To unsubscribe send an email to users-leave(a)ovirt.org > Privacy
> oVirt Code of Conduct:
> List Archives: