Thanks for the report.
Can you please summarize how you solved the wrong-vlan issue? Thanks.
Actually, this isn't very clear. After changing the ovirtmgmt VLAN, I wasn't able
to access the web interface anymore (or even to ping the FQDN of the hosted-engine VM).
After trying a lot of different things with no success, I decided to reboot the
I don't know if this reboot was a wrong idea, but I started to realize the VM
wasn't really started :
- hosted-engine --vm-status was showing as if the VM was started but with "unkown
- vdsClient -s 0 list was showing the VM as down with "exitMessage = Failed to
acquire lock: No space left on device"
I tried everything about maintenance mode / stopping VM / starting it with ovirt commands,
but the VM was not starting, it was crashing with this error message above (and
unreachable from network of course)
I found out there was an option in hosted-engine command to reinitialze lockspace but I
still had the same error.
Before deleting everything on my NFS data domain, I tried to delete the file called
__DIRECT_IO_TEST__ which seems to be a lock file (there is no documentation at all
concerning this, from what I can see) and I've been lucky : the VM started again, with
a good status and was accessible.
So there are 3 points I don't understand :
1) On the hypervisor, every config file and configuration I could get related to ovirtmgmt
didn't have any VLAN option : does it mean from the moment I changed this VLAN option
on the VM its link with the hypervisor has been cut and the information about the VLAN in
the VM didn't come back to the hypervisor ?
2) The fact hosted-engine --reinitialize-lockspace didn't reinitialize-lockspace
correctly and had to do it manually...And only deleting this file manually make everything
3) After this file was deleted, why I was able to ping and contact again my VM while it
was still configured on another wrong VLAN, I should have lost connectivity completely
Maybe some of these behaviors are bugs, but it's hard to guess what part to be able to
fill a new bug report...