----- Original Message -----
thanks for the answer.
1. where exactly do i see the state of the host
2. I did as you instructed. the setup fails exactly at the same step
(I changed the timeout to 600, shut down networkmanager and
connected via dhcp over ethernet.
Weird, which line did you changed? does the log still saying the host status is
2. I manually configured as following
to the ifcfg-eth0
restarting the network service fails with a status error
RTNETLINK answers: File exists.
Again, sounds like something is bad with your network configuration.
There are multiple results in google for that issue...
On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Ofer Schreiber <
oschreib(a)redhat.com > wrote:
> the bootstrap logs are also available
> here they are.
1. If you log into the GUI, in which state is the host?
2. From the engine.log, I can see that the host installation went
fine, and it seems that the host is in "Non-Operetional state).
- I can see clearly in the log :"Host local_host is set to
Non-Operational, it is missing the following networks: ovirtmgmt"
3. in the vds_bootstrap.498578.log you can see "ERROR
_getBridgeParams: failed to read params of file
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0." - it seems that
something is wrong with your networking configuration
4. Probably the timeout during all-in-one installation (150 seconds)
is too low for you.
Two options for you:
1. Clean everything (using engine-cleanup), fix you networking
settings (disable NetworkManager, use non wireless conntection) and
rerun engine-setup (with higher timeout in
2. Just create the ovirtmgmt network bridge by your self, and restart
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Ofer Schreiber <
> oschreib(a)redhat.com > wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
> > The log is attached.
> > thanks
> I'm missing the vds_bootstrap* logs. are they available?
> if not, if you log into the GUI, in which state the host is
> (/var/log/ovirt-enging/*log might help as well)
> > On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Ofer Schreiber <
> > oschreib(a)redhat.com > wrote:
> > It seems that the host is currently in "installing" state.
> > Could you please take a look (or attach us) the vdsm installation
> > logs under /tmp?
> > (/tmp/vds_*)
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > >
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I'm experiencing a problem during installation of the ovirt
> > > engine
> > > including the all-in-one plugin
> > > The setup exists during the stage "Adding local host" - it
> > > quits
> > > due
> > > to a "time out while waiting for the host to start"
> > > I've attached some info (including the setup's log) and will
> > > gladly
> > > provide more information if necessary.
> > >
> > > Many thanks,
> > >
> > > Ohad
> > >
> > >